Thursday, April 2, 2009

Faeries


I caught this little faerie on a fine Spring morning trapped in a dewy spiders web. Before the spider could come home to breakfast I grabbed an old jam jar and caught it myself. She was uninjured but shaky from the close call.



After she had recovered some what, she grew angry at me for shutting her in a jar. I explained to the faerie that I had planned to let it go as soon as it had recovered and so I did. The faerie then flew off without so much as a thank you! She is made of sculpey clay and has blue mohair.
This elf lady loves moon lit walks. She has very long red hair and turquoise eyes. I put quite a bit of time into getting her expression to look slightly mischievous.


Come back later to check out more art, thanks!



2 comments:

  1. Hi Holly - very cute blog! I am a regular follower of your mom's blog so I thought I'd stop by and say hi.

    Have you read What the Dickens by Gregory Maguire? (He wrote Wicked). If not, you should; I think you'd like the story, even though it's a little young.

    ReplyDelete